Getting an MBA degree is often a pivotal point in many people’s careers. If one manages to get through to do the degree in an international university, it acts as the perfect stepping stone to the career so many people dream of. However, international education is very expensive. The tuition, books, boarding, and other fees add up to a lot. But the good news is that there are MBA scholarships. Applicants drive to the top universities in droves every academic year and getting a scholarship abroad will be perfect. Having an MBA scholarship especially helps the women applicants. Given the fact that women face a huge pay gap due to gender and there is also a lack of women leaders in top management positions getting a scholarship abroad will help immensely. To all prospective women who are looking to do an MBA programme abroad can apply to the following scholarships for a boost.
- INSEAD GroupeGaleries Lafayette: INSEAD universities have multiple campuses all over the world. An average MBA class consists of people of multiple races from all over the world. To cater to the women studying at INSEAD there is the INSEAD Groupe Galeries Lafayette Endowed Scholarship for Women. All women who are admitted in the MBA programme of INSEAD are eligible for this scholarship provided they meet and agree with the goals and plans of the Groupe Lafayette. Preference for this scholarship is given to women from Western Europe, Middle East and Asia. Selected students are awarded €12,000.
- The 30% Club Female Business Leaders Scholarships: The 30% Club organisation was formed especially to support and help women reach higher levels of management to leadership positions. The organisation offersMBA scholarships in manydifferent colleges all over the world including countries like Asia, UK, USA, Australia and more. Their scholarship awards one-year full tuition fees for female candidates who have demonstrated extraordinary academic record and work experience.
- Forte Fellowship: Forte Fellowships was created with an aim to increase the number of women in senior management roles in organisations. The organisation offers fellowship to women pursuing part-time, full-time, or executive MBA programmes. There are over 50 participating business schools like London Business School, INSEAD, HEC Paris etc. The amount awarded will vary from institute to institute.
- Nestle Scholarships for Women from Developing Countries: Started in the year 1997, the Nestle Scholarships for Women are targeted for women from developing nations. Women studying the MBA programme at IMD in Switzerland, which is the host institution, are awarded thisscholarships abroad. The amount awarded is CHF 25,000, which is used for tuition.
- ESADE Women of the World Scholarships:The ESADE scholarship is targeted for women studying in the MBA programmes who have outstanding track records in work and education. Women are selected on the basis of talent and need-basis i.e. financial need of the applicant. Applicants are evaluated at the time of admission on the basis of their GMAT or GRE score, educational transcripts and other documents.
- IE Women’s Positive Leaderships Scholarship: Launched by the IE Foundation launched the women centric scholarship to encourage their participation in management roles. The scholarship is open to women studying at IE in IE master’s degrees and executive education programmes. There are a number of awards and amount awarded ranges up to 25% of the tuition fee of the applicant. Applicants who have evidence of excellent careers and achievements are selected.
- AAUW International Fellowships: The AAUW International Fellowships awards fellowships to women studying in accredited United States universities. Women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents are accepted. Applicants studying in both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes are accepted. Amount awarded ranges from 18,000 USD to 30,000 USD for master’s fellowship, doctorate fellowship and postdoctoral fellowship.