Flash player is required to view many of the contents available on the internet for example videos and animations. If you do not have a flash player installed on your computer, you may miss out on various interesting things on the internet. You need a flash plug-in even to play games. You need this plug-in for viewing all the multimedia contents, streaming audio/video, and running all the rich internet applications on your computer. Without the flash player, your computer would seem to be boring and outdated. Today in this article, we would speak about how to download flash player for Mac.
Why is it required to download a flash player in Mac?
Mac is sufficiently equipped with several software and you can work on it without having to think about them. They are constantly updated and work as expected. When macOS Sierra was introduced to Safari 10, the Flash player of Adobe was by default disabled on Mac. That mainly makes up for the reason that you need to download flash player for Mac. When you would be browsing the web using your Mac, you can see a few alerts that would say, “Missing plug-in”. That means you need to download a flash player. Flash was removed because Apple didn’t want its customers to be exposed to risks attached to Flash. Malware is one of the risks due to which the Flash player is prohibited from Mac. You can, therefore, be alerted to download flash player for Mac for some of the contents.
Steps to install Flash Player on your Mac
To successfully download flash player for Mac, you need to follow the given simple steps:
- When you get the error message that says “missing pug-in”, click on that and it will give you an option to “download flash”. Simply click on it.
- When you click on “download flash”, it will automatically take you to the Adobe website of which is a legal site and you can be relaxed to use it. If you are not taken to the adobe website, you need to double-check it. There are chances; you could be directed to any of the malicious sites.
- When you reach the Adobe site, click on “download now”. The file would be around 20 Mb. Once you click, the download would start automatically.
- When the download is completed, you would be able to see the installer in your download folder.
- Double click on the installed and then click on “Install Adobe Flash Player”.
- You will get a warning that the app has been downloaded from the internet and whether you want to go on with it. Click on “open” because you know that the file has been downloaded from a legitimate site.
- The system will ask you to enter your password for your Mac and once you enter it, the program will get installed.
- All the programs running on Mac will have to be closed so that the installation process is completed. Hence, you can click on “close all” and complete the installation.
- Then, click on “continue” and wait for the flash player to get installed.
- The final step is to click on “finish.”
There is a history of various security vulnerabilities that puts the user’s data at risk. That is the reason; Mac has abolished the usage of flash players. Our advice is if you can avoid the software, then, please do it. If you are bound to use Flash and cannot do it without downloading it, only then download it. The threats usually come from the fake Flash player downloads. Hence be double sure of the website from you are downloading the Flash.